Treatment of Amenorrhea in Delhi
Amenorrhea refers to a missed menstrual period one or more times or the entire absence of menstruation.
Females who miss a minimum of 3 menstrual periods consecutively or young girls who have not started to have their periods by the age of 15 years might have amenorrhea.
Pregnancy is one of the most prevailing causes of amenorrhea. The other reasons behind missed periods include complications with the endocrine glands or the reproductive organs.
Treating the underlying condition is needed to help resolve amenorrhea. Amenorrhea can occur if a female is pregnant, or has either attained menopause or has not started menstruating at all. Amenorrhea, or the absence of periods, is mainly of
2 types of Amenorrhea:
● Primary amenorrhea- It is when you have not gotten your first period by age 15 or within 5 years of the first signs of puberty. Primary amenorrhea can occur due to changes in the organs, glands, and hormones related to menstruation.
● Secondary amenorrhea – It occurs when you have been getting your regular periods, but have stopped getting regular periods for at least 3 months, or you stop having periods for 6 months after they were previously irregular. Causes of secondary amenorrhea mainly include pregnancy, stress, or a chronic illness. What are the signs that you should get treatment for amenorrhea?
The main symptom of amenorrhea is an absence of menstruation. However, depending on the underlying cause, different symptoms can occur. Other symptoms of amenorrhea that may indicate that you should visit your gynecologist include:
● milky white nipple discharge
● unexplained hair loss
● changes in vision
● additional facial hair
● acne In young girls with primary amenorrhea, there may also be a lack of breast development. Young girls who experience such symptoms of amenorrhea should consult their gynecologist to the soonest.
Treatment of Amenorrhea in Delhi
Consult expert gynecologists at Pristyn Care for the best treatment of amenorrhea in Delhi. The treatment strategies used for treating amenorrhea will depend on the underlying cause. In the case of primary amenorrhea caused due to delayed puberty, the gynecologist may suggest waiting as the young girl is likely to eventually attain menarche (her first period). This is usually the case if the young girl has a family history of delayed menstruation or delayed puberty.
Primary amenorrhea caused due to genetic problems such as ovarian failure may need medications to correct the hormonal imbalance and enhance symptoms of puberty and other secondary sexual characteristics which come in teens Primary amenorrhea caused due to structural or congenital issues may require surgery. Surgery can be helpful in cases of structural defects such as imperforate hymen, vaginal septum, or cervical stenosis. For secondary amenorrhea, the gynecologist may suggest the following treatment methods-
● A nutritious diet and proper exercise programs- If the female is obese and obesity is causing amenorrhea, then the gynecologist will ask the female to lose weight and adopt healthier lifestyle habits.
● Manage stress Extreme stress can be a reason behind secondary amenorrhea. Follow various strategies to manage stress and keep yourself calm. You can start doing yoga and meditation to keep yourself calm. ● Medications to balance hormones: The gynecologist may suggest you pills to balance the hormones for normal menstrual cycles.
● Medication for symptoms of PCOS: If the female is suffering from PCOS, she may not ovulate at all, which might be the reason behind amenorrhea. The gynecologist may prescribe her medications to trigger ovulation and thus regulate menstrual cycle.
● Surgery: The surgical procedures for treating amenorrhea are rarely needed. Cysts or tumors in the uterus, ovary, or pituitary gland can also lead to amenorrhea. In such cases, surgery may be needed to remove the tumor. Also, if uterine scarring is a reason for the absence of menstruation, surgery to remove the scar tissues can regulate the menstruation cycle.
When do you need surgery for amenorrhea?
Surgery for amenorrhea is rarely needed or suggested by the gynecologist. The gynecologist may recommend surgery to treat amenorrhea if the female has
● Chromosomal or genetic problems
● Tumor of the pituitary gland
● Uterine scarring.
The treatment for amenorrhea will vary depending on the underlying cause of the condition. Your gynecologist will also recommend making certain lifestyle changes if your weight or lifestyle is contributing to the condition. Surgery may also be suggested to remove ovarian cysts, scar tissues, or uterine adhesions if they are the reason behind secondary amenorrhea. Consult the best gynecologists in Delhi at Pristyn Care for the most advanced and successful treatment of amenorrhea.