If you’re recently encountering the issue of ‘Sage 50 not working’ even after updating your Sage 50 accounting software in order to use its more comprehensive features for taking your business to new heights, then do not worry at all! You can easily troubleshoot the ‘Sage 50 Not Start’ issue with the help of following below-given solutions:
Solution 1: Reinstall the Sage 50 Program using ‘Run as Administrator:’
- Considering that there can be a problem with update installation, reinstall the program by accessing the installer from this ‘C: \Sage\Sage50_20xx_x\’ location and note that here ‘XX’ is the year and ‘X’ is the product update number.
- Once you access the location, click right on the ‘Maint.exe’ and select ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the contextual menu.
- After that, select the option of ‘Repair’ when prompted in order to simply allow the reinstallation of the Sage 50 program to be successful.
Solution 2: Restart the Pervasive Database Service that hosts Sage 50 Data:
The Pervasive Database Service needed to be started in the background before the Sage 50 is launched but, when it goes missing or has been blocked due to many factors, the ‘Sage 50 not working’ error occurs. So, considering this reason, resolve your ‘Sage 50 not start’ error simply by restarting the Pervasive Database Service from the ‘Task Manager’ using these steps—
- To restart the Pervasive Database Service that hosts Sage 50 data, what you need to do is firstly close all your programs on your computer.
- Once you have done that, press together the ‘Ctrl +Alt+ Delete’ key shortcut from your keyboard for a while in order to open the ‘Windows Task Manager.’
- Under it, click on its ‘Details’ tab, and from there, search for the “w3dbsmgr.exe” process.
- Then, as soon as you are able to locate the “w3dbsmgr.exe,” simply select it and click on the option of ‘End Task’ in order to close the process.
- After that, navigate further to the ‘Services’ tab which is there at the top of the ‘Task Manager Screen.’
- Under it, again look for the process but this time for the “psqlWGE.”
- Now, click right on the same and select the ‘Start’ option from the contextual menu in order to finally restart the ‘Pervasive Database Service.’
Solution 3: Remove Sage 50 Account Program from Running in Compatibility mode:
- To do so, what you need to do is click right on your Sage 50 accounting software icon and from the available contextual menu, click on the option of ‘Properties.’
- From it, you’re required to further click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab in order to check if there’s a check mark available or not in front of the text that reads—‘Run this program in compatibility mode.’
- There, if the check mark is present then, you need to remove the same and if the case is opposite then, simply put the check mark in front of the ‘Run this program as an administrator’ option.
- After that, hit the ‘Apply’ button to save the changes that you’ve made recently and at the same time, also hit the ‘OK’ button.
That’s all! Now, verify if Sage 50 opens without error or not because these are one of the most effective solutions that you can try to troubleshoot your encountered problem of ‘Sage 50 Accounting Software not getting started or not working.’