We are surrounded by beauty hacks and tips in every which way. But that doesn’t mean we should listen and apply each and every tip that we listen to. Some products and tricks give instant results, while some products take some time to give any results. But using a lot of these products on your skin, without knowing your skin type and without consulting an expert can prove to be harmful to your skin in the long run.
A list of six things you should never put on your face
- Body Lotion
- Baking Soda
- Expired Sunscreen
Details of six things you should never apply on your face without consulting a dermatologist
- Sugar: Sugar is often found to be a very common ingredient in most DIY facial scrubs. Sugar definitely has some really good exfoliant qualities. But at the same time, it can prove to be really coarse for your skin.
Using sugar as a part of a DIY facial scrub can often lead to irritation, dryness, and redness of the skin. You must use sugar very carefully on the face. If you do not use it gently, it can scratch your skin easily. Even these micro-tears on the skin can cause problems. You must avoid sugar, but if you feel it is safe to use it, you must apply it very gently.
- Body Lotion: People often rely on body lotion when they run out of face cream. It might seem harmless to use body lotion for a few days if a face cream is not available. But it is a bad idea to use body lotion on your delicate facial skin.
When compared to a facial cream, body lotion has a thicker density and even greasier. With the oily texture of a body lotion, your facial skin pores can be clogged easily. This can lead to an acne breakout. Body lotions also have a high amount of artificial fragrances. This can often lead to an allergic reaction. So the best tip is to use good face cream and avoid using body lotion on your face at any cost.
- Lemon: Lemon is full of vitamin C. It is definitely good for your health. But the idea of applying raw lemon slices or lemon juice on your face can be harmful to your skin. Lemon juice is really strong and acidic, it can affect your delicate facial skin. There is a chemical found in lemon which is called Psoralen.
Applying lemon juice to your skin can make it even more sensitive to light. So if you apply lemon juice regularly and then step out in the sun, it may cause irritation. It can also lead to chemical burns in some cases. Even the best beauty parlour in Ahmedabad for bridal or for any other purpose will also tell you not to use lemon juice alone.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is a versatile product. It is used for food, cleaning, and many other purposes. People also use baking soda to cure acne sometimes. But baking soda is alkaline in nature. It can affect your skin and its pH balance. The pH levels of your skin can keep it safe from bacteria and pathogens. If the pH levels of the skin are disturbed, it may cause a breakout. You can use baking soda to clean other surfaces, but not your skin, never.
- Bar-Soap: Bar soap is something that must never be used to clean your face. Nothing except face wash must be used to clean your face. The face wash is good to remove dirt and excess oil. Bar soaps can clean it but it can remove all the natural oils. It can end up making your skin dry, itchy, and rough. Even the experts at the best beauty parlour in Ahmedabad will suggest you against it.
- Expired Sunscreen: Saving your sunscreen is not a good idea at all. Even if you have sunscreen left, you must not use it after a while when it has expired. Expired sunscreen can neither protect nor benefit your skin in any way. But using this expired product can easily lead to allergic reactions on your skin. So you shouldn’t be saving your sunscreen for the next year and definitely not using it on your face.
Your facial skin is more delicate and needs more care compared to the skin on the rest of the body. You cannot simply use any kind of product on your face and expect your skin to glow and seem fresh and healthy. Taking care of your skin is not always about applying tons of products. Even a good bridal makeup artist in Ahmedabad will tell you to let your skin breathe.